Jamie Geller is the only best-selling cookbook author who wants to get you out of the kitchen – not because she doesn’t love food – but because she has tons to do.
As “The Bride Who Knew Nothing”, Jamie found her niche specializing in fast, fresh, family recipes. Now the “Queen of Kosher” (CBS) and the “Jewish Rachael Ray” (The New York Times), she’s the creative force behind JamieGeller.com
Jamie and her hubby live in Israel with their six super kids who give her plenty of reasons to get out of the kitchen – quickly.
What you will hear in this episode:
– How Jamie went from tv producer to cookbook author.
– We discuss the communal pressure to put out lavish meals and our ability to embrace a simpler more streamlined approach where we focus on quality over quantity.
– The key component to great tasting food is finding joy rather then perfection when cooking and entertaining.
– We talk about the myth of the superwoman.
– The importance of spending quality time with your spouse. This is crucial in creating a happy home and setting your kids up for their own healthy relationships.
spice: kosher salt
book: Emunah With Love and Chicken Soup by Sara Yoheved Rigler
Rebbetzin Kanievsky- A Legendary Mother to All by Naftali Weinberger